Friday, March 20, 2009

Dateline: Pittsburgh, PA

I have spent the week in Pittsburgh, PA at the annual March Meeting of the American Physical Society. The view from downtown Pittsburgh is decent but the surrounding areas look a little run down. I know what an under-developed area looks like in California but it is hard for me to tell here on the east coast. It might be that everything is more weathered and that makes the area seem run down.

We were discussing whether the local community could tell that a bunch of physicists had suddenly appeared. I happen to think that we are a weird group. The only other convention that would be geekier would be something like Comicon or a Star Wars convention. However, it appears that Pittsburgh annually hosts the Fuzzies. Who knew?

BTW - they have free internet in the airport! Time to catch my flight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, we noticed you!

Bram Reichbaum said...

Thanks for stopping in!